Intravenous anesthesia provides a safe and effective way for the patient to have oral surgery. However, several precautions are necessary to ensure your complete safety and to provide predictability and comfort throughout your procedure.
- Do not eat ANYTHING for six (6) hours prior to your appointment. This includes water, coffee, chewing gum, etc. Please refrain from smoking the day of your surgery.
- Take your regular medications as usual unless otherwise instructed by the doctor. You may have a sip of water to take your pill(s).
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing that allows access to your upper arms. Do not wear jewelry including earrings, watches, bracelets or necklaces.
- Do not wear makeup or nail polish. Do not wear hard, soft or extended wear contact lenses the day of your surgery.
- Have a ride home. We require that the driver remain in the office during surgery.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call the doctor (Austin office at 512-454-6744 or San Marcos office at 512-667-7676), or through the Medical Exchange at 512-735-3066.